This is an exciting time to be joining PCI: with a refreshed Vision, Mission and Sustainable Impact Principles we are seeking to really grow the PCI Academy – our online home for learning – with a focus on bringing the voices of healthcare workers participating in PCI’s programmes into the centre of our thinking. We’re also strengthening our M&E capabilities and systems to better demonstrate our impact both in numbers and stories.
Remote Working (ideally within easy travel distance to Oxfordshire/London area for team co-working days/meetings). This role is full-time but part-time hours will be considered for the right candidate.
- As part of the Senior Management Team, support the CEO in developing and implementing strategy, ensuring the smooth and effective running of the organisation.
- Define the overall strategic partnerships framework and strategies to achieve high-quality delivery and income goals.
Project and Partnership Management
- Shape ideas and agree initial project design with clients/partners/funders, drafting proposals.
- Draft and negotiate contracts, evaluate IP issues, and sign contracts.
- Carry out (and document) due diligence as required for new projects and partnerships.
- Assemble project teams and provide support to project leads in planning and partner liaison.
- Liaise with clients regarding follow-up work/repeat business.
- Ensure the Project Coordinator is well supported in coordinating the delivery of projects (logistics, follow up etc).
- Lead on developing and implementing our strategy to grow new long-term strategic, programmatically based partnerships with the private sector, trusts and foundations, and institutional donors.
- Work with senior stakeholders to create new programmes and income streams for the organisation.
- Develop new, strategic, programme proposals aligned to the organisation’s key programmatic areas and potential areas of interest for prospective partners.
- Act as the central point of contact for key partnerships, ensuring they are well-serviced, integrated, and documented.
- Ensure resourcing for project management and delivery is sufficient and efficient.
- Provide first-class leadership to the programmes and partnerships team, enabling and motivating team members to operate to their full potential.
- Manage the day-to-day of direct reports including setting objectives, providing feedback, and conducting regular performance and development reviews.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Impact Assessment
- Develop and implement consistent approaches to Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) across all projects and programmes.
- Create reports for internal, external, and key stakeholder use.
Project Finance and Compliance
- Maintain an overview of income and expenditure projections across all projects including coordination with team members regarding core cost allocations across cost centres.
- Take lead responsibility for contract management (ensuring compliance etc).
Products and Technology
- Provide overall direction and support to products and technology work, shaping overall offer and working with Communications Manager to ensure these are effectively communicated and marketed externally.
- Ensuring effective project coordination processes in place (particularly the production and review of new materials).
- Support Digital Programme Manager to manage the delivery of technology and digital work and products.
- Ensure all activities are conducted in line with agreed policies and regulations.
- Attend and contribute to global planning meetings, forums, and Board meetings.
Essential Skills & Competencies
- International Development, Global Health & Industry Knowledge: Significant experience in international development, preferably in the global health sector. Familiarity with the context in
- which the sector operates, including knowledge of key stakeholders including govt, INGO’s, UN agencies, private sector, trusts, foundations, and institutional donors.
- Strategic Thinking, Planning, Business Development & Decision-making: The capability to develop, implement, and lead the strategic direction for the organisation’s programmes and partnerships. Proven track record in growing long-term strategic partnerships and creating new programmes and income streams. Big-picture thinking and strong decision-making skills. High proficiency in planning and promoting efficiency.
- Project, Partnership, and Financial Management: Demonstrated experience in managing projects, including shaping ideas, drafting proposals, negotiating contracts, and conducting due diligence. Proficiency in maintaining an overview of income and expenditure projections and ensuring contract compliance.
- Team Leadership & Management: Proven experience in leading, managing, and motivating teams, as well as managing the performance of direct reports.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Impact Assessment & Governance: Skills in developing and implementing approaches to monitoring and evaluation across a range of projects and programmes. Knowledge of policy and regulation adherence, and experience in contributing to planning meetings, forums, and board meetings.
Desirable Skills & Competencies
- Communication & Network Building: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience or ability to leverage partnerships to engage other potential partners and create new business opportunities.
- Innovation, Creativity & Problem-solving: The ability to spot gaps, opportunities and identify potential areas of collaboration and interest for prospective partners. An aptitude for identifying potential risks and mitigating them effectively.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changes and evolve strategies as needed to achieve organisational objectives.
- Experience in a Social Enterprise: Experience working for a social enterprise is desirable. This includes understanding the unique challenges and opportunities that social enterprises present.
How to apply:
To apply, send your CV, completed application form and a cover letter explaining how your skills & experience meet the requirements of the role, by 5pm on Friday 30th June 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews are expected to be held either in person in Oxford or remotely via Teams mid-July. Please note that this is a UK based role and applicants must not only have the right to live and work in the UK, but also be currently resident here. We cannot accept applications from anyone who does not meet this requirement.