GP Update 5-Day Global Programme 16-20 April 2018
Specially designed for family medicine doctors practising internationally, this comprehensive 5-day course provides the renowned GP Update overview of all the latest in primary care – plus extended sessions on diabetes, women’s health, patient behaviour change and managing medically unexplained symptoms.
Bookings are now open, reserve your place on the programme here.
“GP Update courses are fantastic, and offering 5 consecutive days is a really effective use of my CME budget”
— Family Medicine Doctor, Saudi Arabia”
It will bring delegates up to speed on all the latest evidence-based updates in primary care and offers 30 hours of consecutive learning. This event has been awarded 30 CPD credits by the Royal Society of Medicine in accordance with its current guidelines.
The course is open to GPs / family doctors practising outside of the UK.
Feedback from the 2017 course was incredibly positive: 100% of delegates said that they would come again and would recommend it to colleagues.
The course will be held at the Wellcome Trust, a leader of innovative thinking in global health. This inspiring central London location is also home to the highly regarded Wellcome Collection, which explores the connections between medicine, life and art in the past, present and future. As guests of the Wellcome Trust, delegates will have access to behind-the-scenes benefits including a tour of the stunning Bleigiessen glass sculpture.
- General Update (covers broad range of updates across a number of varying topics including cardiovascular disease, respiratory medicine, renal disease, musculoskeletal medicine, dermatology, child health, osteoporosis and mental health)
- Women’s Health
- Promoting Effective Behaviour Change
- Responding Effectively to Patients with Medically Unexplained Symptoms
And as well as being very relevant to clinical practice, we make it entertaining too – without compromising the content! Everything we present is fully referenced – so if you want to do some more research or read the original article you can, but you don’t have to.
If you book on a course you will also get:
- The GP Update Handbook – comprehensive and fully referenced covering all the most recent research and guidelines pertinent to primary care but interpreted for real life general practice.
- The Online Handbook – 12 months FREE access to our revitalised, fully searchable and most comprehensive online reference source ever, with more than twice the contents of the hard copy version. (Online access runs from the course date, or the expiry date for existing users).
- www.gpcpd.com our NEW online learning environment – 12 months FREE access so that you can continue your learning when it suits you – on a PC, tablet or smartphone.
- Focused Learning Activities – ideas that amount to much more than 50 hours of CPD credits and more importantly that will really impact on patient care – not just a series of tick box exercises.
Pharma Free. The Red Whale | GP Update Courses are now the only ones of its type in the UK to take NO money whatsoever from the pharmaceutical industry. We want you to be totally reassured that there will be no biasing of the information presented to you and that there will be no reps there on the day!
Booking is now open.
Early bird fees: £945 until 15 December 2017. £995 after 15 December 2017.
Course fees include lunch and refreshments each day. Accommodation, other meals and travel are not included and should be booked separately. We look forward to welcoming you to London next year!