Our Legal Status
PCI is registered company limited by guarantee. As a social enterprise and registered Community Interest Company (CIC), PCI invests any surplus income each year back into its operations, enabling us to develop and grow our impact.
Partnership is at the centre of PCI’s operating model. Therefore, to maintain our integrity, values and transparency, we have developed a Partnership Policy with clear principles and criteria to consider before entering into any partnership.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
PCI is committed to providing equal opportunities for all, irrespective of age, disability, marital or partnership status, religion/belief, working pattern, caring responsibilities, gender and gender identity, race and sexual orientation. We recognise the value of diversity and seek to promote this in all aspects of our work, and we have set out specific undertakings to create a more diverse, inclusive and open organisational culture.
Ethics and the environment
Code of conduct
Drawing on best practice in the sector, including advice from sector membership organisation BOND, all those working for PCI sign up to a code of conduct, which is firmly rooted in universal values of respect and non-discrimination.
We seek to minimise the impact of our work on the environment. In practice, this means:
- We consider carefully whether face-to-face is training is needed as part of a project. Our focus on a digital strategy was accelerated due to COVID-19 but we had already been looking at how to build capacity of healthcare workers globally in different ways, to minismise the number of flights. Where face-to-face training is identified as the best option we are seeking to build local human capacity to deliver work in-country where possible.
- We make carbon offsetting contributions against all our air travel and mileage.
- We encourage staff and associates to travel by public transport where possible.
- We are a virtual and paperless team.
- We provide only vegetarian/vegan food at any event we are organising.